Health & Unified Schools Resources All forms and resources for our Special Olympics Health, Unified Schools, and Young Athletes programs.
Health – Focus on Fitness Challenge
Abe’s Focus On Fitness Challenge
SONM athlete & Health Messenger Abe Assaad has created a fitness challenge for all Special Olympics athletes to focus on and improve their fitness. The 6-week challenge begins on Monday, April 19, 2021.
How to participate:
1. Complete the sign-up form.
2. Download and complete the Fitness Assessment PDF and then download and use the Focus on Fitness Pick 8 Workout Builder PDF to create customized workouts throughout the week. Use the Focus on Fitness Tracker to track how many workouts you complete throughout the challenge. The Focus on Fitness Videos will demonstrate exercises as well as discuss proper form.
3. Connect with other Special Olympics athletes during the challenge by joining the SONMFit Facebook Group.
Focus on Fitness Forms, PDFs and Video links:
- Focus on Fitness Challenge Sign-up Form
- Fitness Assessment
- Focus on Fitness Pick 8 Workout Builder
- Focus on Fitness Tracker
- Focus on Fitness Videos (YouTube)
- SONMFit Facebook Group
This year there will be multiple opportunities for SONM athletes to gain new leadership skills and put those skills to work in an athlete-driven role.
We are currently accepting applications for 2 different Virtual Athlete Leadership roles: Health Messenger as well as Development Ambassador. Keep reading to learn more and contact us with questions and to apply!
- Development Ambassador Flyer
- Development Ambassador Overview
- Apply to be a Development Ambassador
- Virtual Health Messengers Application Info
- Apply for the Virtual Health Messengers Training
- 2021 Athlete Leadership Opportunities Overview
Health – Family Resources
- Special Olympics Fitness Resources
- Coming soon
- Coming soon