Health & Unified Schools Resources All forms and resources for our Special Olympics Health, Unified Schools, and Young Athletes programs.
This year there will be multiple opportunities for SONM athletes to gain new leadership skills and put those skills to work in an athlete-driven role.
Current Opportunities: Health Messenger
Who: SONM athletes with a passion for health and fitness
What: Apply to be a health messenger
When: Applications are due by November 4. Health Messenger training will begin after Thanksgiving.
Where: The training courses will be presented via Zoom.
Keep reading to learn more and apply. Contact us if you have questions.
- October 2021 Health Messengers Info
- Apply for the Health Messengers Training
- 2020-2021 Health Messengers Application Info
- Fitness Captain Warm-up Videos
- Bowling Fitness Captain Flyer
- Bowling Fitness Captain Nomination Form
- Fitness Captain Fillable Nomination Form
Health – Focus on Fitness Challenge
Abe’s Focus On Fitness Challenge
SONM athlete & Health Messenger Abe Assaad has created a fitness challenge for all Special Olympics athletes to focus on and improve their fitness. The official April-June 2021 challenge has ended but we will keep the resources below so you can continue to use the resources and create workouts!
How to participate:
1. Complete the sign-up form.
2. Download and complete the Fitness Assessment PDF and then download and use the Focus on Fitness Pick 8 Workout Builder PDF to create customized workouts throughout the week. Use the Focus on Fitness Tracker to track how many workouts you complete throughout the challenge. The Focus on Fitness Videos will demonstrate exercises as well as discuss proper form.
3. Connect with other Special Olympics athletes during the challenge by joining the SONMFit Facebook Group.
Focus on Fitness Forms, PDFs and Video links:
- Focus on Fitness Challenge Sign-up Form
- Fitness Assessment
- Focus on Fitness Pick 8 Workout Builder
- Focus on Fitness Tracker
- Focus on Fitness Videos (YouTube)
- SONMFit Facebook Group
Health – Family Resources
- Special Olympics Fitness Resources
- Coming soon
- Coming soon