Our Core Values include athletes, families, community and corporate partners, donors, volunteers and staff.
- Make decisions based on the collective interest of our athletes, staying mission-driven and athlete- focused
- Conduct business in a manner that maintains the highest level of dignity and respect.
- Maintain systems and processes around organizational governance ensuring fiscal responsibility, transparency, and accountability.
- Develop the capacity of our athletes, so they are engaged in inclusive and meaningful ways which transcend sport.
- Embrace the integrity of sport without compromising the rules or the way the game is meant to be played because of the disability or athlete limitations.
- Pursue our personal best with pride, discipline, and honor.
- Demonstrate passion that brings the Special Olympics mission to life; taking risks and setting the bar high.
- Commit to going the extra mile to ensure quality in our relationships, events, and interactions.
- Establish a culture that promotes the stability and sustainability of Special Olympics New Mexico.
- Celebrate the human spirit through effort and accomplishment.
- Enjoy the excitement, enthusiasm, spontaneity and laughter inherent in the Special Olympics experience.
- Experience the joy and friendship that comes with belonging to a team.
- It’s all about “the dance.”
- Embrace diversity and acceptance of all individuals.
- Appreciate and share in the challenges and experiences of Special Olympics athletes and their support systems.
- Show compassion and belief in everyone’s potential for success.
- Encourage personal freedom to take actions and make decisions using individual skills and talents.
- Provide a safe environment that supports personal and social development.
- Create a sense of belonging where all are welcome and appreciated.
- Foster a growing network of families who support and encourage one another through shared experiences.