While many of our teams and athletes are returning to in-person practice and competition, we know not everyone is ready, so we will once again be providing a Virtual Competition.
This event is different than any we’ve done before. The athlete will submit the initial week 1 scores, then submit again at the midway point and then the final scores at week 8. The final percentage score is based on their improvement during the 8 week season. You will find how that is calculated in the playbook for those interested, but all calculations are done in the State Office and do not need to be completed by the athlete or coach.
The athlete will choose ONE level to compete in, there are 5 levels to choose from with each level getting progressively more difficult. They will stay with this level for the duration of the 8 week season.
All of these exercises come from our Fit 5 Manual and are great to utilize during warmups with your team! We will also be partnering with our Health and Wellness program to bring the athletes a weekly practice guide to help them build endurance and strength during this season and help increase their scores in their events, this practice guide will be posted on our Facebook page so athletes can interact and encourage each other as well.
Please review the Event Description posted below
Points of Emphasis
- All participants must have all 3 scores submitted on each deadline to be eligible to be awarded for their event.
- Athletes need to use the same Score Submission link to submit all scores, preseason, midseason and final season scores.
- Athletes can choose one of 5 Levels to compete in.
- All participants and those who support them (coaches, parents, caregiver…) must review and familiarize themselves with the event descriptions before submitting entries.
- All athletes who complete the competition will receive the 2021 Virtual Games Medal and a T-Shirt.
- This is not a Unified Event
Important Dates and Deadlines
Season Opening: July 1, 2021
Season Duration: July 1 – September 2, 2021
Pre-Season Scores Due: July 7, 2021
Mid-Season Scores Due: July 28, 2021
Final-Season Scores Due: September 2, 2021
Drive Through Awards Ceremonies: TBD
E-Participant Waiver and Release
Athletes who do not have the Athlete Registration and Medical Form on file at the Chapter office must complete and submit the basic E-Waiver Form. The form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 505-845-0346 or mailed to:
Special Olympics New Mexico
6600 Palomas Ave NE
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87109
2021 Virtual Fitness Competition Registration Material