Planned Giving

Have you ever wished you could support Special Olympics New Mexico and improve your financial security at the same time? How is this possible? By taking advantage of incentives the IRS provides, you can craft a gift that delivers exactly the benefits to us, and to you, that you have been looking for.

Consider leaving a legacy gift to ensure that our work empowering individuals with intellectual disabilities to become physically fit, productive and respected members of society through sports training, and competition continues long into the future. See the Boundless Giving brochure that outlines the most common ways you can show your support of Special Olympics New Mexico through legacy giving. If you choose to give a legacy gift through Special Olympics, Inc. you will become a member of The Champion’s Society.

Financial advisers call these creative techniques “planned gifts” because with thoughtful planning, you can turn personal giving challenges into win-win situations for you and for us. For more information, go to the

Make the Gift of a Lifetime by Turning Retirement Accounts into Charitable Good

A new tax law allows individual who are 70 1/2 and older to transfer up to $100,000 from a traditional or Roth IRA directly to a charity through 2011, tax-free. If married, each spouse can transfer that same amount per year from his or her traditional or Roth IRA. The deadline for making a 2015 qualified charitable deduction is December 31, 2015. For more information on the charitable giving legislation, speak to your financial or tax adviser or go to

Speak to your estate planner, financial advisor or attorney about individual giving options. If no estate planning attorney or other recommendations emerge from friends or family, and you want to keep your sources local, contact the trust department of your bank. You may also find sources through two major national organizations: the State Bar of New Mexico and the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils (

For more information, contact Christine Roybal Hidalgo at or 505-856-0342.