Fitness Challenges Overview
Special Olympics New Mexico creates Fitness Challenges throughout the year to promote health, wellness, and general fitness of all Special Olympics athletes. Keep reading to learn more and participate in current fitness challenges.
- The Group Waiver is for groups participating in fitness programming, with individuals (participants) who do not have active medical forms on file with Special Olympics New Mexico.
- Group Waiver Fillable
2022 Fall Fitness Challenge (6-week challenge):
- Fall Fitness Challenge Week 1 PDF
- Fall Fitness Challenge Week 2 PDF
- Fall Fitness Challenge Week 3 PDF
- Fall Fitness Challenge Week 4 PDF
- Fall Fitness Challenge Week 5 PDF
- Fall Fitness Challenge Week 6 PDF
- Fall Fitness Challenge Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) PDF
- Fall Fitness Challenge Details and why you should participate!
- Register for the Fall Fitness Challenge
2022 USA Games Fitness Challenge: January 10-May 29
- Special Olympics New Mexico is hosting a USA Games Fitness Challenge from January 10– May 29 as the first Wellness Challenge of 2022. This is a perfect way to work on your 2022 health goals and support Team New Mexico at the same time! Anyone can participate: Special Olympics athletes, coaches, parents, caregivers and family members! Registered participants can login on Monday, January 10 to begin the USA Games Fitness Challenge.
- The USA Games Challenge is a 20-week step challenge leading us into USA Games. In addition to tracking the step challenge, the website and app will allow registered participants to set health goals, track their goals, and learn about different health and wellness topics weekly. The goal of the challenge is to get to 1 million total steps by May 29. All US Special Olympics programs will compete in this challenge so you can see how you rank against athletes across the country!
Additional Info and How-To Guides
How the challenge is tracked:
- SO Fit Now website: The SO Fit Now website tracks the challenge, health goals, and gives health and wellness education information. Registered participants will receive their login info via email.
- SO Fit Now app: Special Olympics has developed the SO Fit Now app that will help us track our steps, nutrition, hydration, and health goals. The app will be similar to the website, conveniently accessed via your phone. You will be able to use this app after the challenge too. *The first 50 participants that sign up will get access to this app! Other participants will use their login via the website unless you are updated otherwise.
Join the SONM Health and Wellness Facebook Group: Stay motivated by connecting with other Special Olympics athletes! Join the Facebook Group
Additional Info: Registered participants will receive a Unified Fitness Kit, a prize for 2 months of participating, a prize for completing 4 months of the challenge, and a prize at the end for completing the challenge!
Reminders and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- Frequently Asked Questions Resource PDF
- USA Games Fitness Challenge Decision Tree
- How-to use the SO Fit Now app
- Who Can Participate: Anyone! Special Olympics New Mexico athletes, coaches, parents, caregivers and family members can register for this challenge.
- I cannot login to the website or app: If you have registered via the Google Form or if you are part of Team New Mexico, you will receive your login information via email. If you have not received your login info after Monday, January 10, please be sure to check all of your email folders including “spam” “junk” and “other” folders.
- How and where do I register? Registration is temporarily closed as of January 8. Stay tuned for another registration opportunity soon!
- Further questions or issues: If you have read everything above and still have questions, please email Victoria Martinez.